First Transit in St. Joseph is looking for a General Manager. First Transit General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
First Transit offers:
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401 (k) savings plan
- A great work environment
Our General Managers are responsible:
- Handling all contractual services to include administrative functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control.
- Ensuring compliance of all company procedures and policies
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintaining company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensuring compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzing, preparing, and developing budgets and forecasts.
- Assessing resource needs, problems, trends and plans accordingly.
- Developing action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assuring a safe working environment.
- Providing and promotes effective communications with customers.
- Providing leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength.
- Establishing training goals and requirements for all personnel.
- Satisfying client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
To be a General Manager, you’ll need:
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ progressive experience managing day to day fixed route public transportation (bus) system including operations, maintenance, budgeting, report writing, supervision, personnel hiring and training
- Bachelor’ degree in business administration, accounting, information technology, public policy, statistics transportation planning from an accredited college/university which may be substituted with an additional five (5) additional years of fixed route public transportation experience
- Comprehensive knowledge, understanding, and experience of local public transportation principles and the relationship between federal, state, and local public transit requirements
- Demonstrated experience in leadership skills, customer services, employee relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services, and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama, and India.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Contact Person: Faith Thompson, 513-419-3250