The 2018 MPTA Conference will provide the opportunity to meet with other transit professionals, stakeholders, elected officials and interested citizens to shape policy, develop networks, and collaborate to share knowledge and create new ideas for transit in Missouri. Check out the full conference agenda.
Highlights will include:
- A special intensive training on Wednesday afternoon on Strategic Advocacy for Transit with Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA) Executive Director Scott Bogren.
- A special offsite networking reception on Wednesday evening at The Broadway Rooftop sponsored by BYD.
- A mobile workshop touring the GoCOMO Transit Center including hearing from GoCOMO’s Director of Transit Drew Brooks on their successful electric bus fleet.
- Friday’s luncheon keynote is Chris Keefover with the TSA talking about Transit and Homeland Security.
- Workshops will highlight transit innovations, revisioning of systems, NTI Trainings and much more. Here are some highlights:
- Transit’s Impact on Missouri’s Health with Bethany Johnson Javois, Chief Executive Officer of the Integrated Health Network, and Kendra Copanas, Executive Director of Generate Health STL
- KC Streetcar moving more than just riders – Impact on Development with Executive Director of the KC Streetcar Tom Gerend
- Conversations with the FTA
- KCATA’s Innovative Programming with Jameson Auten, KCATA Chier of Regional Service Delivery and Innovations
- NTI Training on Building Diversity Skills in the Transit Workplace
- Substance Abuse Training (Required for 5311 Providers)
- A Vendor Reception on Thursday evening.
- Networking opportunities and Vendor exhibit.