It’s membership renewal time at the MPTA. Transportation is a key to moving Missouri forward, and we have an opportunity with the Missouri Public Transit Association (MPTA) to make a difference for transit. Here is your opportunity to get involved to ensure TRANSIT makes an impact on Missouri by renewing your membership in MPTA for 2023.
MPTA transit provider members provide more than 47 million rides almost everywhere for everybody every day in Missouri, and they employ thousands in our communities. Through the work of the staff, board and our members, we are moving the organization to the next level with regards to education, advocacy for transit and membership development.
Our goals in 2024 include:
- Support the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission’s request of $11.7 million for Missouri transit.
- Support a statewide apprentice program for transit operators in Missouri.
- Oppose any efforts to allow conceal and carry on transit and advocate for local law enforcement partnerships on transit.
The benefits of becoming a member continue to grow:
- Highly successful legislative advocacy program
- Marketing tools for members including the MPTA website
- Media relations/public awareness campaigns on Transit and its benefits
- Multi-day annual conference
- MPTA Virtual Education Series
- In-state training opportunities
- Peer roundtables
- Monthly electronic updates
- Membership directory
- MPTA continues to build tools for providers and stakeholders to underscore the importance of transit in Missouri.
- Recent research includes:
- 2023 Economic Impact Study of Transit in Missouri (in progress)
- 2022 Missouri Statewide Transit Needs Assessment Study
- 2019 Economic Impact Study of Transit in Missouri
Thank you for helping to make the voice stronger for public transit in Missouri. Renew today.