On June 21, the MPTA’s Education Series event highlighted the importance of succession planning for organizations in the transit sector to effectively navigate transitions over time. Caryn Souza, Deputy Executive Director and Human Resources and Training & Certification Director at CTAA provided attendees with the aspects of an effective succession planning process, including:
- Identify critical key positions and competencies of senior leaders
- Identify competency talent and gaps
- Develop/retain a talent pool
- Identify coaching and professional development
- Capture/transfer knowledge
- Transfer of essential knowledge
- Measure, monitor and evaluate success
With an aging workforce and challenging labor market, it’s vital that organizations plan for the future. With only 15% of surveyed transit agencies having any type of succession plan in place, understanding the ingredients of a successful succession planning process is key.
Click below to view the full webinar and visit MPTA’s Education Page to access previous Education Series Events.