The Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ Air Pollution Control Program is accepting applications beginning Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020, for Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) Funding. Application forms, implementation guidelines and program requirements for the DERA State Grant Program are posted online at dnr.mo.gov/env/apcp/vw/dera-option.htm.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. (CST) Friday, Jan. 15, 2021.
The goal of this program is to reduce diesel emissions and the program is open to all eligible DERA projects. To be eligible, projects must fall under one of the following Eligible Diesel Emission Reduction Solutions:
- Diesel Engine Retrofit Technologies
- Engine Upgrades and Remanufacture Systems
- Cleaner Fuels and Additives
- Idle Reduction Technologies
- Aerodynamic Technologies and Verified Low Rolling Resistance Tires
- Engine Replacement
- Vehicle and Equipment Replacements
- Clean Alternative Fuel Conversions
Projects may include, but are not limited to, emission reduction solutions from the following heavy-duty diesel emission source types:
- Medium-duty or heavy-duty trucks
- Marine Engines
- Nonroad engines, equipment or vehicles used in:
- Handling of cargo (including at a port or airport)
- Energy production (including stationary generators and pumps)
Awarded applicants must permanently disable the old vehicle, equipment or engine.
Visit the Department’s DERA webpage for details and application materials at: dnr.mo.gov/env/apcp/vw/dera-option.htm.