UPDATE: Due to the current circumstances associated with COVID-19, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ Air Pollution Control Program is extending the deadline for applications for all Volkswagen Trust Fund categories. Applications will be accepted through May 31, 2020.
The deadline for this round of Volkswagon Trust Funds for transit and shuttle buses is fastly approaching. The Missouri Department of Natural Resources is accepting applications Monday, March 2 through Tuesday, May 31, 2020 at 5 p.m. CDT. Qualifying applicants include government agencies and private entities that own eligible buses.
Program Requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Eligible engine model years are 2009 and older.
- Eligible vehicles are government–owned and nongovernment-owned buses 2009 and older engine model year Class 4-8 vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds used for transporting people. School buses are not eligible under this award category.
- Old engine or vehicle must be permanently disabled.
- May repower or replace with new diesel, biodiesel, alternate fuel, or all-electric engine.
- May receive from 25% to 75% of the cost of the project, depending on repower or replacement, and government or nongovernment ownership.
- Maximum amount of fund request per applicant this round is $1 million.