City Utilities Transit will be hosting a National Transit Institute (NTI) training: Understanding ADA. Session capacity is limited and early registration is recommended.
NTI Training – Understanding ADA
Thursday, September 19, 2019
8 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Hosted by City Utilities
Transit and Fleet Management Training Room
1505 N. Boonville
Springfield, MO 65803
The goal of this course is to teach transit professionals the legal background of ADA and paratransit requirements. Topics include:
- ADA legal requirements that apply to public and private transportation-related entities
- 14 service provisions documented in 49 CFR Part 37, Subpart G
- Requirements to determine if a public or private entity must provide complementary paratransit service
- Criteria for complementary paratransit service
- Requirements for existing and new transportation facilities
- Compliance and enforcement responsibilities of FTA, DOT, and DOJ
- Responsibilities and compliance procedures for public and private entities
- Enforcement and investigation processes, including hearings, decisions, and notices
The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit services and the ADA.
This course is intended for people who work at a transit agency or provide transit service, those who manage or operate paratransit services, and Federal, State, and local representatives who work with the ADA community. It is recommended that you complete this course before attending other ADA-related courses.
To register, please contact:
Brandie Fisher at: email@example.com or
Or Matt Crawford at: firstname.lastname@example.org