The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has announced the availability of funds for transit and shuttle buses from the Volkswagen emissions settlement. For fiscal year 2019 (July 2018 through June 2019), the department will fund $1.75 million in transit and shuttle bus repower and replacement projects.
Implementation guidelines can be found here: Transit and Shuttle Buses. The department will accept applications through Monday Dec. 31, 2018 at 5 p.m. CST. Program Requirements must be followed. Highlights include:
- Eligible engine model years are 2009 and older.
- Eligible vehicles are Class 4-8 with gross vehicle weight rating greater than 14,000 pounds.
- Older engine or vehicle must be permanently disabled.
- May repower or replace with new diesel, biodiesel, alternate fuel, or all-electric engine.
- May receive from 25% to 75% of the cost of the project, depending on repower or replacement, and government or nongovernment ownership.
- Maximum amount of fund request per applicant this round is $1 million.
To find out more, check out the Missouri Department of Natural Resources website at: https://dnr.mo.gov/env/apcp/vw/shuttle-transit-buses.htm